Job Number: 282772
Description: The Biological Technician in Berkeley California will conduct microbiological laboratory and greenhouse experiments, including collecting, graphing and reporting of data; provide concise analysis and feedback about experimental results to supervisors, highlighting important results; cooperate, and collaborate on these research activities with peers, supervisors and external parties; Communicate effectively by listening, documentation, presentation, and gathering relevant stakeholder feedback.
• HS Diploma or Equivalent required.
For this posting, a 4 year degree is not required, but preference is for at least a BSC degree with some former industry experience in a relevant field.
•B.S. in Microbiology, Plant Pathology or related field with minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• Research experience in field of Microbiology or Plant Pathology
• Experience with sterile technique, microbial cultivation and cell based assays
• Proficient computer skills in MS Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a member of a multidisciplinary research team
• Ability to quickly learn new techniques, being flexible and adapting to changing situations
• Willing to do work that is routine, repetitive and detail oriented.
RATES: $18 - $20 per hour, DOE
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at ****Location: West Sacramento , CA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 2
Required Education: High School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart