Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
This position will support the Orion Environmental Controls and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) Potable Water System and Waste Management System Certified Principal Engineers (CPEs) as a Delegate and other technical leads with tasks that include, but are not be limited to, the following:
• Allocate and derive requirements which includes the development of the technical sections for the individual ECLSS components and their verification methodology.
• Assist with the technical aspects of ECLSS design associated with integrating hardware components into mockups, test articles and spaceflight vehicles.
• Integrate ECLSS with other spacecraft subsystems. This will require working with multiple subsystems (Structures, Avionics, etc.) as well has manufacturing, systems analysis, test and integration organizations.
• Participate in trade studies.
• Create, review and modify engineering products in support of component design, development, test, evaluation and certification.
• Facilitate the release of engineering drawings including product structure development and change boards.
• Coordinate the planning, development, organization and control of integration products.
• Support mass properties and risk/opportunity management.
• Develop and execute test programs.
• Provide supply chain management and logistics support including procurement expediting.
• Follow-up and close action items.
• Create and make presentations to various approval boards.
• Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
• Experience in hardware development
• Experience with aerospace, military, or industrial standards and specifications
• Experience in developing and delivering formal presentations of ideas, recommendations, plans
• Experience in leading teams or groups
• Experience in developing technical specifications
• Project management experience
• Basic understanding of fluid systems
• Ability to travel 2 - 3 trips per year
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office applications – MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with integration of complex systems.
• Experience in developing test plans and test engineering.
• Experience with developing fluid systems and components such as valves, regulators, and fittings.
• Skills in computational fluid dynamics.
• Skills in thermal analysis.
• Experience in systems engineering.
• Experience with spaceflight hardware qualification testing, verification and certification processes.
• Experience with CAD systems, specifically PTC ProE or CREO.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to review and organize large amounts of engineering data.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS4400 SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation Disclaimer
Lockheed Martin utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a Lockheed Martin job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on Lockheed Martin's behalf, please do not respond. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
© 2018 Lockheed Martin Corporation
Powered by SmashFly
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.