Hatfield, PA (USA)
Apply for this Job
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: High School / GED
Post Date: 04/09/18
Ref #: PAoTOKuCiz
Please mention you saw this job on
We are currently seeking an CDL B Hazmat Driver (Environmental Specialist II) to pack hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste materials, as well as commercial chemical products into approved containers.
- Sign on bonus of $2,500
- Must have Stick Shift Experience
- Great Home Time ( Avg about 2-3 over night trips a month)
- Great Pay & Benefits
- Safe Equipment
- Plus More
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pick up and transport waste safely, according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Label containers, and complete pre-printed manifests and work orders.
• Schedule shipments into or off site.
• Use a handheld device to capture and print manifests and labels.
• Drive a Commercial vehicle in accordance with DOT regulations and company policies and procedures.
• Perform warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials.
• Load, unload, move, or store items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions
• Perform general housekeeping duties.
• Operate a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
• Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment.
• Conduct lab pack operations.
• Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
Perform various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to:
• Pre-trip inspections of vehicle
• Report all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations to supervisor immediately.
• Resolve over packing of leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
• College Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or other related field preferred or the equivalent in related work experience, preferably in the waste management industry
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
• Professional leadership and interpersonal skills for communicating with clients
• Ability to read maps and navigation tools
• May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
• Ability to manage account(s) on a daily basis, as assigned.
• Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience may be required if responsible for transporting waste.
• Previous route management experience a plus.
• Required to maintain current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
• May be required to possess CDL HAZMAT Endorsement if responsible for transporting waste. May be obtained post employment during probationary period.
• Maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please mention you saw this job on
Email this job
------- Select One -------
District of Columbia
Prince Edward Island
Jobs by Location
Press and News
Follow us on:
© 2001-2018 JobsInTrucks.com All Rights Reserved
Website : http://www.stericycle.com/
Since our humble beginning in 1989, Stericycle has focused on helping businesses protect people and brands, promote health, and safeguard the environment. Our primary business comprises disposal services for medical and biohazardous waste. We serve hospitals, laboratories, physician practices, dental clinics, long-term care facilities, as well as numerous other businesses, facilities, and healthcare providers that generate sharps or potentially infectious material. Within the United States, we maintain the nation’s largest network of medical waste transport vehicles, collection sites, and treatment facilities. Globally, we operate medical waste services in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.