VHB s growing Hauppauge, NY office is looking for an Environmental Scientist to join our Environmental/Oil & Hazardous Materials team. This will be a temporary position to fulfill a specific project-based need. In addition to local projects, this role entails work within the various boroughs of New York City and Westchester County, and requires an ability and willingness to travel to these site locations.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, telecommunications and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Prepare and conduct field work efforts on Phase I/II/III Environmental Site Assessments for property transfers, remedial investigation/feasibility studies, environmental due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, emergency response oversight, and chemical/petroleum storage tank projects
- Implement remedial methods to include: vertical and horizontal extraction wells, soil vapor extraction, air sparging, pump and treat, bioremediation, excavation, environmental land use restrictions, and natural attenuation
- Collect field measurements in support of our growing telecom services
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in the field and office settings
- Applicant will be required to be proficient in, or become proficient in CAD
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- BS degree in environmental science, geology, or a related field
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER and Asbestos Inspector certifications highly desirable
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle for travel to boroughs of New York City and Westchester County for project work
Please submit application online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at **** and an overview of the law at ****Apply Now
Want to be a sponsor?