Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental
Carollo Engineers, a nationally recognized engineering firm specializing in water and wastewater engineering, is seeking an Entry Level Environmental Engineer with a biosolids focus to join our team in our Costa Mesa, CA office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performing engineering work in water and wastewater treatment and conveyance infrastructure
Provide treatment technology comparisons and hydraulic calculations
Work on engineering planning and design projects
Develop plans and specifications
Prepare cost estimates for various water and wastewater projects
Permitting and alternative analysis
Preparation of technical memoranda, reports and electronic deliverables
Data entry and analysis
Provide engineering services during construction
Participate in field activities such as pilot testing
• Application of engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and innovative techniques
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Work well in a team environment
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team
• Highly motivated, articulate, and self-starting
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering
• 0 to 3 years of directly-relevant experience in water and wastewater engineering
• Registration as an Engineer-in-Training. Candidates should have passed or be eligible for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)
Preferred Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering with a demonstrated focus on biosolids is preferred
Knowledge of structural and geotechnical design concepts and familiarity with codes and regulations related to drinking water and water pollution control
Familiarity with computer applications including AutoCAD, Microstation, and water and sewer hydraulic calculations/modeling software
Carollo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity, ethnicity, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required.
Costa Mesa, California, United States
Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Website : http://www.carollo.com