Washington, DC, United States
Sep 23, 2021
Eligilbe for $1000 sign on bonus
The Associate I will be responsible for the cleanliness and service of hospital facilities, inside and outside buildings. Work in assigned areas (patient care, offices, stairs, elevator, soiled holding, compactor, loading dock, hallways, parking lots, and other areas). Perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis, accepting supervision, despite frequent interruptions. Responsible for the care of cleaning equipment, effective expenditure of supplies (soaps, disinfectants, finishes, abrasive, polishes, and other cleaning supplies). Spend considerable time outdoors transporting debris to compactors. Communicate professionally with patients and staff member. Check e-mails frequently to comply with hospital requirements. Use assigned computers for bed tracking purposes.
Must be able to work the following hours:
start 7am and/or 8:30am
end 3:30pm and/or 5pm
Every other weekend
1. Minimum computer skills required (having the ability to check emails). Must be able to use online education available.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Mechanical ability and technical knowledge for operating powered equipment and the initiative to meet the most rigid care requirements, preferred.
4. Some floor care or related experience desirable, although duties may be learned through in-service training.
5. Knowledge of environmental service equipment and products such as hand tools, cleaning chemicals, floor maintenance materials, and powered equipment, preferred.
6. Familiar with standard procedures used during the execution of assigned duties and the cleaning of isolation or biologically hazardous area, preferred.
7. Ability to perform tasks with due consideration for the patients in the vicinity.
8. Must be able to handle carts and various other items weighing 50 - 75 lbs.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke free campus