Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Requisition ID # 13672
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer Care and CRE
Job Location : San Francisco
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
In Customer Care, we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. Within Customer Care, PG&E's Customer Energy Solutions department (CES) is responsible for designing, implementing and administering customer demand side management programs, including energy efficiency, distributed generation, demand response, and rate programs that help PG&E customers in Northern and Central California manage the energy use of their homes and businesses. PG&E has been a national leader in energy efficiency since 1976 and continues to recruit and develop individuals to carry the CES Department's legacy of effective energy efficiency programs on into the future.
This position is within PG&E's Data Governance & Products group. This group focuses on products and policies to release customer usage data to external parties. The team owns the Share, Download, and Stream My Data platforms and the Energy Data Request, and Building Benchmarking Portals. These channels provide energy data access to residential, commercial and agricultural customers, third parties, and research organizations. Our group is expanding and leveraging our current data platforms, refining corporate data governance and release strategies, and exploring opportunities to create new, data-oriented products and services for PG&E's customers. Join us as we help make PG&E the leading global utility in energy data analytics and digital innovation.
Data Governance & Products manages and supports the Benchmarking services and products that make aggregate whole-building energy use data available to building owners in PG&E territory. Through our Building Benchmarking Portal, PG&E helps building owners understand and assess the energy usage of their buildings for energy efficiency or compliance purposes.
Data Governance & Products is looking for a talented summer intern to help support the Building Benchmarking Portal. Data Governance & Products will be driving numerous Benchmarking related initiatives including but not limited to:
* User adoption of the Building Benchmarking Portal
* Assessing, strategizing, and implementing the retirement of PG&E's legacy Benchmarking product
* Analyzing and leveraging new data in the Building Benchmarking Portal
* Expand the use of the Building Benchmarking Portal to other lines of business within Customer Care
* Collaborate with other departments and teams at PG&E, including IT and Digital Strategy, to support the Building Benchmarking Portal
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Product and Program Managers. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Customer Care organization through the work they will be performing.
* Earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Studies, or related field (students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
* 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
* Product or Program management experience in utilities, municipalities, or public agencies
* Dynamic thinker: ability to get up to speed on new concepts, databases, and technologies quickly, and adapt to changing environments, shifting priorities, demands and timelines
* Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
* Comfortable interacting with multiple teams and groups within PG&E (BES, Digital Strategy, Energy Efficiency, IT, etc.)
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, incorporated in California in 1905, is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, the company is a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation. There are approximately 20,000 employees who carry out Pacific Gas and Electric Company's primary business—the transmission and delivery of energy. The company provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million people throughout a 70,000-square-mile service area in northern and central California. Pacific Gas and Electric Company and other utilities in the state are regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission. The CPUC was created by the state Legislature in 1911.