Environmental Permitting Project Management - Tamapa, FL
As an Environmental Permitting Project Manager, you will provide environmental permitting expertise and client service development for our Environmental Planning practice for power projects with an emphasis on solar and other renewable power sources.
As one of the leading environmental consulting firms, we draw upon a global network of skills and resources to deliver some of the largest and most challenging projects out there. You will experience the pride and prestige that comes from working for a successful, global, industry-leading organization with inspirational, high-calibre colleagues. We are a supportive team that appreciates the need for work / life balance and ongoing professional growth. As an Environmental Permitting Project Manager, you will build relationships and networks across the business and with key power-sector clients. You will build upon your previous experience with environmental permitting, including the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Section 10/404 wetland permitting, the US Fish & Wildlife Service or the US National Marine Fisheries Sections 7 and 10 consultations, NRHP Section 106 consultations with State Historic Preservation offices, FERC, NEPA, Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and the various state permitting programs in Florida and adjacent states. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. You will be responsible for: · Working directly with your contacts at renewable energy companies in Florida and the southeastern US to develop solutions to their permitting challenges which turn them into new Jacobs clients. · Working directly with Jacobs’ existing power clients to understand and meet their expectations, and leverage existing work to develop additional business opportunities · Leading project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of planning and permitting projects · Interpreting environmental regulations affecting the energy infrastructure and translating applicable requirements into strategic, cost-effective compliance approaches · Leading various aspects of business development process including preparing proposals and strategic marketing initiatives, acting as the client account manager, and quickly integrating with the senior management team in developing marketing strategies · Networking within industry organizations, technical seminars, and trade shows, including the delivery of technical presentations.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Planning, Science, or Engineering.
• Approximately 10 years of experience in the environmental planning and permitting licensing field in Florida.
• Strong technical relationships with renewable energy and transmission utility clients in Florida. You are their “go-to” problem solver.
• Prior success in obtaining permits for renewable energy and power transmission projects in Florida through the Florida DEP environmental resource permit (ERP) program.
• Prior experience in supporting clients the Florida DEP Siting Coordination office’s interagency review and certification process and the Power Plant Siting Act (PPSA) and Transmission Line Siting Act (TLSA).
• Client development skills and strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated project management skills and technical background as applied to planning and permitting projects.
• Ability to integrate commercial, technical and execution aspects of project delivery into a full package for client satisfaction and Jacobs’ success.
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across North America the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients
CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Website : http://www.ch2m.com
As a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management, CH2M HILL has the human and technical resources, the international footprint, and the depth of know-how and experience to help clients achieve success in any corner of the world. CH2M HILL has 26,000 employees on six continents working on some of the most complex and exciting projects on the planet. From our Colorado headquarters to the many large cities and small towns around the world where our employees live and work, we are committed to the vision and core values of our founders to build a better world and make a difference in the lives of others.