Environmental Engineer I
9149BRMid-Level:ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRSWork Location:CORPORATE HEADQUARTERSJob Description:At U. S. Steel, environmental stewardship is a core value of our Company. U. S. Steel’s Environmental Engineers are problem-solvers and contingency planners for every environmental issue involved in the steel manufacturing process. Environmental engineers are responsible for managing and implementing the U.S. Steel Environmental Management System. This position is based at the Corporate Headquarters, in Pittsburgh, PA.
•Assist with development and maintenance of data management and information systems such as Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory, to support the United States Steel environmental and sustainability internal and external reporting initiatives.
• Working closely with cross functional stakeholders from other business organizations within the company, assist with preparation of annual sustainability report and web site maintenance.
• Manage and provide technical input to consultants throughout completion of a variety of scopes. Track/Report project activities, budgets and schedules.
• Maintain product stewardship and chemical management information database and support new customer information requests.
• Conduct environmental audits at operating facilities and prepare audit reports.
• Administer the U. S. Steel Safety program to ensure a safe work environment within the assigned facility.
• Learn and understand steel manufacturing process.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, (Chemical, Environmental or Civil), Environmental Science, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Preferred candidate will have three or more years of environmental management experience in an industrial setting. Experience with and knowledge of GHG Protocol, CDP Climate Change reporting, Global Reporting Initiative G4. Hands on data management, data analysis experience including excel and advanced level spreadsheet analytics. Experience with standard industry sustainability software and ability to assist in selecting and implementing in a new environment.
Level Dependent upon experienceAuto req ID:9149BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Enviromental EngineerState/Province:US - PAWork Location - City:Pittsburgh Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.