Deer Park, TX, United States
6 hours ago
Expires 13 Jun 2018
Production Unit Environmental Engineer - Deer Park, TX in Deer Park, TX, United States
Deer Park, TX, United States | N/A | Permanent
Company description: Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Job Description: This position provides regulatory expertise, coaching and hands-on support to drive environmental compliance. The position delivers regulatory and company environmental training and applies requirements across multiple process units. Educates and partners with plant personnel, community members and regulators to create and implement innovative solutions to achieve extraordinary environmental performance.
The position has site-wide programmatic scope and influences Shell personnel, contractors and incident investigation teams. There are no direct reports, and minimal discretionary spend authority associated with the position. The Environmental Engineer provides air regulatory expertise, compliance, permitting, program development, water and waste regulatory awareness, agency interface and reporting for Shell Deer Park. This position is a champion for site environmental compliance processes and actively engages all levels of the workforce across the Operations, Maintenance, and Projects teams to enable continuous improvement.
- Provides expertise, coaching, consultation, and hands-on environmental support to plant personnel across the Deer Park site including regulatory and Shell Group standards.
- Monitor site performance against permit and other regulatory requirements and identify opportunities to continuously improve.
- Prepare and maintain agency documents such as air permits, emission reports, incident reports, variance petitions and other surveys.
- Communicate and ensure alignment with process units on permit and compliance requirements.
- Performs emissions calculations and understands the impact of various operating conditions on emissions.
- Assists in the selection of air pollution control technology for new or modified equipment.
- Reviews, interprets, and clarifies regulatory and legal requirements applicable to Deer Park, and takes initiative to ensure site programs comply with requirements
- Understands management systems and Shell Group standards and works with operations, maintenance and engineering teams to deliver programs that fulfill requirements and deliver performance results.
- Manages assigned environmental programs and procedures, monitors conformance and intervenes to improve performance.
- Develops and revises site environmental policies and programs.
- Develops and delivers environmental training to address regulatory and Shell Group standards, site environmental policies, programs and procedures.
- Participates in 24 hour on-call rotation to determine reportable quantity releases and report incidences to appropriate regulatory agencies within required timeframes.
- Interacts with external regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Provides support to turnarounds and projects and the Shell capital project process.
- Analyzes site environmental data and trends, communicates results, and recommends interventions to improve performance.
- Conducts field reviews, audits, and investigations.
- Assesses change in method of operation or modifications for environmental regulatory impacts, i.e. NNSR.
- Respond to agency enforcement actions by providing quality information in a timely manner.
- Manages change within assigned process areas in accordance with site and department procedures.
- Monitors, tracks, updates environmental incidences within the site tracking systems.
- Understands process unit environmental testing requirements and coordinates all activities related to source testing as required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in environmental within a petrochemical or refining manufacturing facility.
- Experience with obtaining or renewing operating permits (ie. CAA, NPDES,PSD, NSR, Title V)
- Experience in directly interfacing with state or federal regulatory agencies.
- High degree of work organization are expected.
- Proven capability to learn and understand complex requirements.
- Language(s) Needed: Must have excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Disclaimer: Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.shell.com/
We aim to meet the energy needs of society in ways that are economically, socially and environmentally viable, now and in the future. Learn about our business and people, and how a small shop in London nearly 200 years ago grew to become one of the world’s major energy companies. Royal Dutch Shell was formed in 1907, although our history dates back to the early 19th century. Our headquarters are in The Hague, the Netherlands, and our Chief Executive Officer is Ben van Beurden. The parent company of the Shell group is Royal Dutch Shell plc, which is incorporated in England and Wales. Our strategy seeks to reinforce our position as a leader in the oil and gas industry, while helping to meet global energy demand in a responsible way. Safety and environmental and social responsibility are at the heart of our activities.We believe that oil and gas will remain a vital part of the global energy mix for many decades to come. Our role is to ensure that we extract and deliver these energy resources profitably and in environmentally and socially responsible ways. We seek a high standard of performance, maintaining a strong and growing long-term position in the competitive environments in which we operate. We aim to work closely with our customers, our partners and policymakers to advance a more efficient and sustainable use of energy and natural resources.Our people are central to the delivery of our strategy. Working together on some of the most innovative and exciting energy projects in the world, from the world’s deepest offshore oil and gas field to the largest floating liquefied natural gas production facility, we are making an impact on the future of energy. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better solutions.