Arcadis seeks an Air Quality Scientist or Engineer to support technical teams and client relationships within our collaborative and growing Air Services practice in the Gulf coast. This position will support Air Services practice leaders through task management and performance of air quality project deliverables. It will also involve a critical supporting role to maintain and develop client relationships. Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of Clean Air Act regulations at the Federal and state level and must have experience with air quality permitting and compliance and/or air dispersion modeling. This position is in Houston, TX.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Performing and/or managing timely, exceptional project deliverables related to air quality permitting and compliance.
* Supporting client teams and clients on complex regulatory issues.
* Ensuring all work products meet Arcadis quality standards.
* Collaborating within the Arcadis Air Community of Practice to effectively serve national, regional, and/or local clients and to ensure proper application of regulatory knowledge and analytical techniques.
* Participating in thought leadership opportunities for professional and client development.
The successful candidate will:
* Demonstrate an understanding of Clean Air Act regulations at the Federal level and for one or more states;
* Exhibit technical expertise in air quality in one or more of the following: permitting and compliance, planning, control technology and/or air dispersion modeling and meteorology, particularly in the chemical/petrochemical sectors; and
* Have the ability to travel for project and business development.
Candidates with technical expertise in waste and water permitting and compliance, release reporting, and multi-media compliance in general, particularly in the chemical/petrochemical sectors, are encouraged to apply.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Meteorology, or related science/engineering field
* 5 years (minimum) of experience
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineNow more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Website : http://www.arcadis-us.com
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.