TJG Environmental Planner
Environmental Planner -- NEPA / CEQA / Regulatory Compliance
Position: Mid-Level Environmental Planner (2 years of experience is Required)
Office: Rocklin California
Term: Long Term Full Time Hire
Compensation: Highly Competitive Base Salary and Benefits Package. (Salary will be dependent on candidate experience level)
Dynamic mid-sized Environmental Consulting firm providing a full range of environmental planning services from initial site investigation and analysis through establishment of goals and objectives, design guidelines, master plan documents, presentation graphics and maps, preliminary plans, conceptual designs, public meeting facilitation, and cost estimates; actively seeks full time Mid-Level Environmental Planner with 2 years of industry experience to join our thriving Rocklin, California office.
The ideal and most qualified Environmental Planner will have applied knowledge and experience pertaining to State and Federal regulatory compliance including Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, CEQA/NEPA, and general permitting to assist in our growing environmental planning and regulatory compliance department.
Environmental Planner Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology, engineering, or a related field
* Two to Five years of environmental planning industry related work experience.
* Candidates with a strong Biology (Botanist) background along with CEQA skills and experience are a skills along with the CEQA skill set,
* Previous technical writing experience and excellent research and time-management skills
* The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience with a broad range of environmental principals, regulations, policies procedures, laws, and techniques sufficient to insure that regulatory work is in compliance with applicable legal standards and other requirements and that such work is implemented in an environmentally sustainable manner.
* Must be able to identify, interpret, and evaluate a variety of regulatory factors and related natural, cultural and social conditions and to prepare or evaluate the adequacy of environmental documentation.
* Candidate must be skilled at developing innovative solutions and working effectively with clients and regulators.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for employee sponsorship or visa transfer.
OUR FIRM AT A GLANCE:
For over 20 years our firm has provided a wide range of environmental consulting, landscape architecture, and planning services to local governments, public agencies, and private clients. Our diverse staff comprises a wide range of technical specialists, including regulatory specialists, biologists, botanists, wetland scientists, planners, landscape architects, certified arborists, GIS specialists, and graphic designers. This unique multidisciplinary mix of expertise allows us to integrate human uses, aesthetics, and functionality in our projects with key environmental considerations such as treatment of stormwater runoff, habitat and special status species preservation, green house gas reduction, and water conservation. We provide the full range of project cycle services from initial concept, public input facilitation, and detail design through cost estimating, construction drawings, specifications, bid coordination, construction oversight, CEQA/NEPA environmental documents, permitting, and monitoring. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to address all relevant planning, environmental, and regulatory issues in the planning and design phase of a project, so that a project's goals and objectives can adequately address our clients' needs. We specialize in recreation planning, urban planning, feasibility studies, and restoration and conservation planning.
For immediate and entirely confidential employment consideration please email detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Health/Dental Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Stock or Stock Options, Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave, Life and/or Disability Insurance, Flex Time