Detroit, MI (USA)
Apply for this Job
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: High School / GED
Post Date: 02/06/18
Ref #: MImwcTSUGe
Please mention you saw this job on
The ESIII works on-site at various retail stores and perform two functions, applying all applicable federal and state laws and DOT, EPA and DEA regulations:
1) Characterize segregate, package and document various types of retail hazardous waste and
2) Characterize, segregate, package, and document various types of pharmaceutical waste. This position is also responsible for the preparation of all appropriate and required documentation to meet State, EPA, DOT and EPA regulations.
•Travels between customer retail facilities, through assigned territory.
•Provides services related to managing retail hazardous waste and pharmaceutical waste. Characterization of hazardous, regulated, and non-hazardous waste. According to State, EPA & DOT regulations, properly lab packs and prepares manifests and LDR's for hazardous waste shipment.
•Maintains and manages own expenses and travel schedule to ensure customers are serviced on a regular and timely basis. Manages route to maintain compliance with 10 day transfer schedules.
•Provide training and support for customers on processes, findings and regulatory compliance.
•Provides written and verbal reports to customer and supervisor.
•Performs other related duties as required or requested.
•Education equivalent to Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in related work experience, two or more years of industry related experience as a lab pack technician, service specialist or driver, or the equivalent in related work experience. .
•Must be willing to accept ownership of controlled pharmaceuticals on behalf of Stericycle.
•Must possess a valid driver's license and credit resources to rent a car.
•Must be qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle rated at 26,001 pounds or greater (CDL B)..
•Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste. Some understanding of handling DEA controls is a plus.
•Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.b>
•Master the English language both verbal and written..
•Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches of ways to increase customer satisfaction,
Must be able to work efficiently and independently.
• Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
• Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
• Demonstrated excellent attention to detail and ability to review work for accuracy.
• Demonstrates ability to manage own time and schedule to get work accomplished and meet customer needs.
• Demonstrates strong networking and proven relationship building skills and proven customer relationship development skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please mention you saw this job on
Website : http://www.stericycle.com/
Since our humble beginning in 1989, Stericycle has focused on helping businesses protect people and brands, promote health, and safeguard the environment. Our primary business comprises disposal services for medical and biohazardous waste. We serve hospitals, laboratories, physician practices, dental clinics, long-term care facilities, as well as numerous other businesses, facilities, and healthcare providers that generate sharps or potentially infectious material. Within the United States, we maintain the nation’s largest network of medical waste transport vehicles, collection sites, and treatment facilities. Globally, we operate medical waste services in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.