Arizona Public Service
Acquires broad experience in practicing and learning environmental regulatory compliance fundamentals in real work settings. Intern assignment is for a short, temporary period of time.
1) Performs simple to intermediate field inspections and analysis . May assist in preparing evaluations and scientific studies based on environmental regulations and permit requirements .
2) Assists in research, business documentation, studies or technical reviews associated with air quality, waste management, water quality and chemical use programs. Conducts analyses, investigations, verifications and summarizes results or findings in written reports or oral presentations.
3) Utilizes internal resources to learn plant operations/functions as it relates to environmental regulatory compliance and apply learning in completion of work assignments.
4) Coordinates efforts with other disciplines, and/or departments in achieving project goals and task assignments.
5) Performs other related duties as required.
Actively enrolled in an accredited college or university undergraduate degree program in Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, Earth Science or related science (such as Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Hydrology). Must show ongoing achievement in areas of study and training. Preferred: Minimum GPA of 3.2.
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, U.S. Export Control Laws). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Pinnacle West) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
NO Security Clearance
Arizona Public Service
Website : http://www.aps.com
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. As the parent company of APS, Pinnacle West's site hosts additional information, including our Code of Ethics for Financial Executives and other corporate governance information. Find jobs, information about Pinnacle West and APS officers and investor information.