['Health, Safety and Environment Intern','18000058','!*!Completes projects related to a site's environmental permit requirements and safety requirements, HSE objectives and targets, and the overall Health, Safety and Environmental
Management System (HSEMS). Routine functions may include the gathering of emissions and
discharge data, incidents and accidents, visual site inspections, sampling wastewater discharges, maintaining waste accumulation areas, labeling waste containers, and other related duties, as directed by the site HSE Supervisor or HSE Manager. Assists with the application of engineering and administrative controls to reduce the environmental impacts associated with site operations and to control safety risks.
· Supports implementation and maintenance of the site HSEMS, control of significant aspects and risks and achievement of HSE objectives/targets.
· Supports regulatory compliance efforts and other programs applicable at the site including storm water management, employee training, recordkeeping/reporting, and other associated HSE programs at a facility.
· Monitors the day-to-day operations associated with pollution prevention, waste management, air quality, water quality and related programs.
· Assists with internal and external HSE audits; resolves basic issues identified in audits; updates HSEMS documentation','!*!· Enrolled University Student in a related field.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access preferred.
· Ability and proven experience to effectively manage a project timeline.
· Ability to think and act strategically and tactically.
· Proficiency with statistics software a plus.
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to quickly absorb and deploy new technical concepts and tools
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law. ','ENVIRONMENT','United States-Tennessee-Memphis-US, TN, Memphis, Cummins Mid-South HQ - Perkins','','Cooperative / 12 Month Placement','Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement','Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement','Jan 12, 2018','Ongoing','Health, Safety and Environment Intern
Website : http://www.cummins.com
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 46,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations.