Environmental Services Supervisor
The Environmental Services Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager, will maintain housekeeping services to ensure a safe, sanitary , and clean
environment for all patients, visitors, and employees. The Supervisor will organize, supervise, and control operations of the Environmental Services Department and uphold all applicable legal, regulatory , and policy requirements, including JCAHO, state, and federal and local regulations and guidelines (i.e. OSHA, HAZMA T , DOH, EP A). The Environmental Supervisor will support the hospital mission and will hold staff accountable for performance. Will motivate staff and maintain operations of the department.
Minimum Work Experience
Specific Requirements and Preferences
Environmental services, Acute care healthcare setting Previous housekeeping and management/supervisory experience. (Required)
Healthcare experience (Preferred)
Knowledge of all applicable legal, regulatory, and policy requirements, including JCAHO, state, and federal and local regulations and guidelines (i.e. OSHA, HAZMA T , DOH, EP A).
Understanding of infection control.
The ability to present ideas and information in a concise, timely, effective and interpersonally appropriate manner through written and oral form.
Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills.
Ability to coach and develop others.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
The ability to model continuous professional self-development, resulting in the enhanced performance of the organization.
Ability to analyze processes, and identify high quality and cost-effective improvements.
The ability to proactively identify and implement effective strategies to enhance the financial performance of the department and the organization.
The ability to establish effective relationships in networks with both internal and external customers.
The ability to effectively administer all hospital policies and
procedures and to consistently meet or exceed all operational goals, standards, and benchmarks.
The ability to attract, recognize, retain, and manage staff to effectively utilize employees to enhance departmental and organizational performance.
The ability to identify issues and opportunities.
The demonstrated ability to effectively monitor, manage, and improve all processes in order to achieve excellence and recognition with regard to all hospital quality standards and benchmarks, as well as regulatory compliance.
Strong understanding and sensitivity to managing/supervising union employees.
The ability to use job-related computer software applications, including Microsoft Office and bed-board related programs.
1. Collaborate with the manager on significant issues or barriers.
2. Ensure a safe work environment is maintained.
3. Provide leadership and guidance to support staff and direct reports.
4. Support continuing education of staff in competency development in areas of defined responsibility .
5. Manage performance planning and documentation, and facilitate goal achievement of individuals.
6. Ensure departmental compliance with the hospital's administrative and professional policies, and governmental and accreditation regulations.
1. Direct overall operational functions for assigned areas.
2. In both formal and informal situations, create a practice environment where employees progressively internalize and demonstrate the components of customer focused care.
3. Supervise housekeepers to ensure a safe, sanitary, and clean environment for all patients, visitors, and employees.
1. Evaluate EVS operations for continued improvement of efficiency .
2. Recommend and develop new processes and systems to meet departmental needs.
3. Assist in the development of policy and procedure regarding EVS cleaning protocols.
4. Effectively manage staff assigned
1. Provide technical advice and consultation regarding environmental services to all CNMC organizations.
2. Furnish technical assistance to the Director, Managers, other personnel of the Environmental Services Department, and to hospital.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.