Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization\u2019s potential and what we hope it will become.
Ensures that all facilities are maintained in compliance with regulatory requirements and are maintained to meet the needs of the organization. Maintains functional responsibility for environmental, health, safety, and sustainability programs.
Work EnvironmentMost work will be performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
SafetySolta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability· Serve as the representative for EHS S.
· Guide and coordinate EHS S efforts; advise of any rules, regulations, trends, statistics or other key information that may affect the operation. Guide staff in safety and environmental solutions that protect our employees and the environment; and coordinate corrective action plans.
· Develops programs and conducts training to support all city, county, state, and federal regulatory requirements and corporate EHS&S objectives.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating all EHS&S related SOPs and work instructions within the Quality Management System, as needed.
· Prepares and manages the annual EHS&S budget. Assists finance with the appropriate allocation of the EHS&S budget.
Health and Safety· Develop, implement and maintain strategies, programs, systems and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and requirements. May include, but not limited to, accident prevention and reporting, ergonomics, hazard communication, blood borne pathogen, respiratory protection, lock-out/tag-out, emergency evacuation, industrial hygiene monitoring, fire prevention, accident investigation, and SDS control and recordkeeping.
· Participate in developing and maintaining emergency action plans and ensure that designated emergency responders have appropriate training and that periodic drills are conducted.
· Obtain and maintain first responder certification, and responds to emergencies 24 / 7. Develops and maintains \u201cFirst-Responder\u201d list as related to safety issues.
· Prepare and submit reports and summaries for site management, corporate staff, and regulatory agencies. Develop and maintain safety documentation and records.
· Develop and deliver safety training for facility employees. Promote communication programs and encourage employee awareness of safety.
· Manage safety projects and consultation. Assist corporate staff with industrial hygiene and safety audits.
· Lead safety investigations into accidents, incidents, near misses and complaints. Perform accident and incident trend analysis to identify causes and communicate analysis results to site management.
· Support ongoing needs of the offsite facility nurse.
· Acts as lead and liaison between the employee safety committee and the site safety steering committee. Prepares safety committee meeting minutes for distribution and recordkeeping, and provides safety related communications to Corporate EHS&S.
Environment and Sustainability
· Develop, implement and maintain strategies, programs, systems and procedures to ensure environmental compliance. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, storm water discharges, wastewater discharges, recycling programs, pollution prevention, community right-to-know reporting, emergency preparedness and response, as well as waste management (including the storage, handling, and transportation of hazardous materials).
· Prepare and submit reports and summaries for site management, corporate staff, and regulatory agencies. Develop and maintain environmental and sustainability documentation and records.
· Manage all environmental and sustainability training for facility employees. Promote communication programs and encourage employee awareness of the environment.
· Manage environmental and sustainability projects, as well as outside EHS&S consultation.
· Assist corporate staff with waste vendor audits and environmental and sustainability audits.
· Lead environmental incidents and complaint investigations.
Facilities· Responsible for maintaining high standards regarding the overall appearance, cleanliness and effectiveness of the facility. Ensures that all facility grounds, buildings, and facility equipment are kept in exemplary condition.
· Prepares and manages the annual facility budget. Assists finance with the appropriate allocation of the facility budget.
· Tracks department goals and metrics.
· Develops all facility related SOPs and work instructions. Ensures execution of facility related SOPs and work instructions.
· Oversees facility related tasks relating to employee on-boarding and off-boarding (e.g., work station assignment and set up, building access, employee photos, ESD jackets, etc.).
· Negotiates contracts, and oversees relationships with all facility related service providers. Facility service providers include but are not limited to: landlord, property management, pest control, custodial service, vending services, and utilities.
· Assures that facility services are executed in accordance with contracts and logged and/or documented in compliance with SOPs.
· As required, reviews and approves facility related invoices and assures alignment to services performed. Includes monthly review and reconciliation of payments and confirmation that documents are in place to support charges. Coordinates as required with AP to ensure payment of facility related invoices.
· Leads facility related projects. Includes but is not limited to changes to department layouts, workspaces and cubicles; coordination and monitoring of tenant improvement projects, and site or department relocation projects.
· Maintains access, and security systems, including but not limited to: digital media, cameras, and intrusion systems.
· Responds to emergencies 24 / 7. Develops and maintains \u201cFirst-Responder\u201d list as related to security issues.
· Oversees the inventory of facility, office, and related supplies.
· Manages reception processes.
· Primary contact for and ensures compliance with facility insurance requirements. Assists FM Global on liability and risk assessments.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:· Bachelor\u2019s degree in environmental sciences, or equivalent experience with safety management, industrial hygiene or a related field.
· Minimum of 3 years\u2019 experience as an environmental/safety and facilities professional.
· Experience in a medical device or regulated manufacturing site preferred.
· Working knowledge of office policies and procedures.
· Working knowledge of facility physical plant equipment and processes.
· Demonstrated ability to control costs and analyze cost effectiveness of services and supplies.
· PC proficiency to include MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
· Excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, organization, and interpersonal skills.
· Performs with minimal supervision, acts promptly, seeks solutions to resolve unexpected problems, and routinely makes practical decisions.
· Multi-tasker who adapts to changes in work priorities.
· Interest and willingness to learn; does what needs to be done without being asked; effective use of available resources.
Required Non-Technical Competencies:
· Action-oriented with strong sense of urgency; responsive to others; meets service expectations of others.
· Results driven; highly organized with strong ability to follow through and execute agreed upon plans without supervision.
· Emotionally intelligent and ethical; controls emotions appropriately; is respectful of others; keeps confidences.
· Personal credibility; does what he/she commits to; is reliable.
· Leads by example; does what it takes to get a job done; Enthusiastic and positive.
· Effective communicator - both oral and written; is clear, complete and consistent.
· Listens effectively.
· Customer focused; establishes effective relationships to gain trust and respect.
· Innovative; offers suggestions on ways to improve processes.
Language and Verbal SkillsIndividual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Math SkillsAbility to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Analytical & Reading SkillsAbility to read, analyze, interpret and assist in the creation and refinement of company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 30 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant\u2019s Job Offer Fraud Statement.
Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.
Website : http://www.bausch.com/
Bausch + Lomb believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, age, marital status, sexual preference, disability or any other protected personal characteristic. We will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. To request an accommodation during the process please contact 908-927-1946.