Arcadis is seeking an Environmental Permitting and Compliance Specialist to join our team in Manchester, CT. The successful candidate will support the team by performing a variety of tasks, including:
* Preparation of Environmental, Health, and Safety Plans (e.g., SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Response Plans)
* Preparation of environmental permits (e.g., stormwater, air, wastewater);
* Execution of compliance tasks, relating to environmental permits or client requests;
* Facilitate regulatory submittals (e.g., EPA ID, Tier II, Annual Stormwater and Waste Reporting);
* Regulatory research;
* Assist with environmental forms and surveys;
* Collection of Environmental Data; and
* Site visits (e.g., for data collection, inspections/audits).
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient computer skills, good people skills, be well organized, professional, and able to accommodate a flexible schedule. Travel is required (estimated at 10%).
Position requirements/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* An understanding of regulatory framework;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills (including e-mail, client visits/calls);
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint/OneDrive;
* Strong time management and organizational skills and attention to detail;
* Ability to work a flexible schedule;
* Ability to work independently or with a team; and
* Problem solving skills.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or closely related field
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Background/Drug Screen StatementArcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineNow more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Website : http://www.arcadis-us.com
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.