MGM National Harbor
It is the responsibility of the EVS Supervisor to provide excellent customer service and create a safe and friendly environment for employees and guests by overseeing the daily cleaning operations of the floor. Assists the shift manager with daily administrative duties while maintaining excellent relations with guests. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, the fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
• Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
• Provides ideas and suggestions for new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure the property’s competitive position and to anticipate changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
• Adheres to the Company philosophy, complies with Company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Completes all projects assigned by management in a timely and professional manner.
• Conducts frequent inspections of all public areas, office, back-of-the-house, and Casino in order to maintain a high standard of cleanliness.
• Completes inspection forms and reports.
• Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with the departmental procedures and safety requirements, and reports safety and/or security issues to the appropriate department.
• Determines times for deep cleaning in public, back of the house, and casino areas, and assigns duties to ensure completion of the same.
• Takes inventory of supplies and ensures necessary items are ordered; maintains strict key and radio equipment control using proper written records.
• Ensures that equipment is working properly.
• Prepares necessary work orders and ensures equipment is repaired and returned in a timely manner.
• Supervises assigned staff to include: training; coaching, performance feedback, recommending, and administering discipline, and scheduling.
• Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
• Oversees the daily operations of the floor employees; assists the EVS Shift Manager with daily administrative duties, including but not limited to, disciplinary actions, employee counseling, training, cross training, and employee evaluations.
• Schedules the work force assigned to shifts to ensure that all sections and areas are adequately covered; assists in the training of employees in OSHA Standards, regulations, and documents, and submits it to EVS Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum six (6) months of supervisor/managerial experience.
• Minimum six (6) months of cleaning experience in health services or other public service area.
• AAA/Forbes experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming license, as required by local/state law.
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Coaching and Developing: The ability to train, coach, and develop employees. This includes recognizing and fostering talent, enhancing employees’ job skills and performance through instruction, training, personal guidance and example; providing appropriate developmental experiences for skill and job growth; and helping employees learn from their mistakes through positive reinforcement.
• Cleaning Equipment: The ability to work with, operate, maintain, and store cleaning equipment including mops, brooms, buffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, or pressure washers. This includes knowledge of the right equipment to use for each job.
• Initiative: The ability and willingness to take independent action and complete job tasks without being instructed to complete them. This includes the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
• Planning and Organizing: The ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities, and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently.
• Safety Orientation: The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
• Microsoft Office: The ability to utilize various Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) in performing job duties (e.g., creating spreadsheets, email).
• Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
• Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Property Features/Services: Knowledge of services, amenities, hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by property.
• Integrity and Company Policies: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws and company policies and procedures. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Oxon Hill. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
MGM National Harbor