Oxbow Corporation .
Provide project engineering and technical support to Operations and Maintenance. Performs daily environmental responsibilities, as needed. Cross train and back fill the engineering manager position in their absence, as required.
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepare and execute projects that improve safety, reliability and operations of the Plant
• Focus on projects related to design, construction, maintenance, reliability, and sustainability of the facilities
• Lead and/or assist in all phases of engineering, including technical support for Production and Maintenance activities of major process and auxiliary equipment
• Participate in equipment design, installation and evaluation, as well as support ongoing routine group activities
• Monitor performance and execute daily tasks to optimize the availability, efficiency and utilization of process equipment at the lowest life cycle cost
• Support Capital and Expense projects using reliability and maintenance centered approaches
• Resolve technical problems, initiate corrective action, develop maintenance practices, and recommend solutions to issues related to costs, benefits and risks
• Work with project engineers, crafts people, contractors, and vendors, turn around coordinators and safety and environmental personnel to solve problems, drive schedule and meet project goals
• Understand the design and operation of the Plant’s equipment including Mechanical, Electrical and Control components
• Emphasize communication and build trust with the other departments, both internal and external to the company to reduce misunderstandings, design revisions, omissions, and errors
• Maintain continued interaction with the contractor(s) throughout an entire project, including advising of current status and identifying overall effects of potential modifications keeping in mind the project’s objectives
• Overseeing project safety, quality, and installation requirements while executing work in accordance with Oxbow policies and procedures
• Maintain active communication interfaces with Leadership for Progress and Management of Change programs
• Establishing capital estimates, cash flow forecasts, and integrated schedules
• Defining engineering and project execution strategies and ensuring effective use of contractors and resources
• Implementing and managing processes to control project scope, expenditures, and schedule per plan
• Responsible for project construction safety, cost, and schedule performance and compliance with Oxbow standards
• Ensuring that all project documentation is completed, archived and complies with Oxbow Corporate, Plant, and records information management requirements
• Integrating any required Operations and Maintenance personnel training into the overall cost and schedule
• Assist in Plant’s Environmental Compliance Program
• Report to Operations Manager
• All other duties that may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Communicates clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles. Effectively tailors the message to the needs of the audience.
• Establishes goals and objectives which are specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
• Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner.
Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s or advanced degree in a specialized engineering field
• A bachelor’s degree in chemical or environmental engineering is preferred.
• Two years minimum significant and provable work experience is preferred but not required.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Physical ability to work around and on industrial equipment, including frequent climbing of stairs and ladders
• Willingness to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
• Ability to wear personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, steel toed boots and hearing protection)
• Strong communication, organization and leadership skills to direct team efforts for projects
• Ability to work with minimal supervisory guidance
• Willingness to obtain required training as needed
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint including but not limited to creating charts, formatting cells/formulas, creating presentations and reports
• Able to work as part of a team or independently
• Should enjoy working both indoors and outdoors
• Able to meet all set deadlines while ensuring that the productivity targets are also met
• Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written in order to tackle challenges in various capacities
• The ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a time-sensitive fast paced environment
• The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
• The ability to motivate, influence and drive good business decisions forward while working with a diverse workforce
• Partner with site leadership to establish priorities and deliver results
• Must be able to travel as needed
Physical Requirements and Other Considerations
• Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for extended periods of time
• Must be willing to work periods in excess of 8 hours and seven days a week when needed
• Must be willing to relocate
• Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with a high level of integrity and in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with Company Policies
NOTE: This job description reflects the company’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Assigned tasks are subject to change at any time due to company discretion, job requirements, reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Oxbow Carbon LLC is an EOE/ADA employer
If you would like to apply for this job, submit your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org