Navarro Research and Engineering
All jobs Environmental Scientist
Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States * 246
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an Environmental Scientist in Ft. Campbell, KY.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
We are seeking an Environmental Scientist to provide full time support at U.S. Army installations in TN and KY. The work will be conducted at Ft. Campbell, KY (and TN), Blue Grass Army Depot, KY and Ft. Knox, KY. Primary work location will be Ft. Campbell, with quarterly travel to the other locations to conduct sampling and inspection activities. The candidate will report directly to the project manager and be required to travel and perform field work activities on various projects in the designated areas. The candidate will be capable of directing and working with subcontractors and project teams, writing plans and reports for environmental projects, and task management. Travel up to 30% of the time with field mobilizations averaging less than one week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
* Performs groundwater, soil, and surface water sampling duties at various project locations
* Conducts field measurements of water and other media
* Maintains equipment calibration logs
* Inspects landfill cover and monitoring well installation for erosional integrity
* Records field notes to the specific task performed at each site location
* Follows engineering, construction, and O&M policies and procedures
* Implement work plans and health & safety plans
* Assist with field work (e.g., groundwater sampling and soil sampling, well installation and subcontractor oversight, logging soils and collecting samples)
* Adheres to Navarro Health & Safety Standards in all field-related activities
* Bachelor s degree in earth science (geology, hydrogeology, or similar) or engineering (environmental or civil preferred)
* 2-6 years of experience with environmental compliance projects
* Experience with groundwater monitoring and treatment systems preferred
* Ability to interpret local, state, and federal environmental standards and experience implementing regulatory requirements.
* Knowledge of MS Office applications
* Ability to perform field work in conditions typical of locality climate and weather
* Able to lift and carry equipment up to 30 pounds across uneven terrain
* Ability to obtain a National Agency Check to work on-site at US Army Facility; US Citizenship required
* Ability to work in the field with overnight stays
* Valid driver's license and clear driving record required
* Must be capable of accessing Department of Defense properties based upon a background check, drug and alcohol screening.
* Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training (with annual updates), CPR and Adult First Aid.
* Must have or be able to obtain TN Level 1 Erosion Prevention and Sediment Control Training
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1993 by Dr. Susana Navarro-Valenti in Oak Ridge, TN. Susana was born in Mexico City and came to the United States to study at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. She completed both her masters and Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering at RPI and received the American Nuclear Society's Mark Mills Award for the best doctoral thesis in the U.S.