Title: ChemCare Field Service Supervisor
Portland, OR, US, 97210
Company: Univar USA
Requisition ID: 8716
It starts with great chemistry.
Univar is more than a distribution company - were a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the worlds most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Univar generated $8 billion in sales in 2016 - securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people - people like you - and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If youre looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, youve come to the right place.
Supervise personnel and operations related activities of branches with Field Service Operations personnel. Responsible for regulatory, health and safety compliance of the Field Crew when working at the Univar facility or on site at a customer location.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily safe, efficient, legal and economical operation of all Field Service department activities.
- Oversee compliance with corporate policy on health and safety, environmental affairs and operations standards at the branch level to include all training, documentation and records.
- Support sales efforts consistent with corporate and regulatory compliance, health, safety and environmental affairs.
- Implement and manage branch health and safety program and conduct safety audits in conjunction with Operations Manager or Regulatory Manager.
- Implement branch regulatory compliance program.
- Responsible for maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping of ChemCare equipment and fleet.
- Develop budget and operating plans in coordination with sales and branch management.
- Maintain close security and control over physical operations equipment.
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements in a cost effective manner using appropriate risk management in fulfilling ChemCare Field Service functions.
- Work closely with ChemCare Field Service Manager to oversee salary plan, personnel development, hiring, promoting and termination of ChemCare Field Service department.
- Work with corporate to manage drug testing and Medical surveillance program including HASAP program.
- Participate in equipment specifications.
- Consult on environmental projects.
- Assist with determining the needs of outside legal environmental and consulting services.
- Develop training criteria for branch staff.
- Participate in Local Emergency Planning Committee and industry organizations.
- Participate in the emergency response team.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of utilization of ChemCare supplies and labor hours for accurate customer billing and physical inventory.
- Manage company quality process at local level.
- Assist with planning, verification and preparation of paperwork associated with Field Service functions to ensure compliance with waste packaging, transportation, and on-site service needs and regulations
- Demonstrated skills required in previous job
- Strong interpersonal skills in coaching and team building with all levels of people in the organization
- High level of decision-making ability, balancing customers needs and company objectives
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Leadership abilities that are recognized by peers and subordinates
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of ChemCare Field Service operations and Univar Standard Operating Procedures
- Pro-actively removes barriers preventing employees form succeeding
- Recognizes those who sacrifice for the good of the organization
- Ability to communicate well with agencies and public having interest in our organization
- Ability to operate all warehouse equipment
- Ability to respond to emergency response situations
- Basic understanding of UVX2000, AS400 & PC skills
- 2 years college with emphasis in business. Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of ChemCare Field Service operations.
- In-depth knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulations affecting facilities in area of responsibility.
- HazMat certified, Hazwoper Certified
- 3-5 years experience in operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of governmental requirements related to the chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc. or demonstrated ability to attain such knowledge
Univar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Consulting, Mid-Range, Law, Outside Sales, Risk Management, Technology, Legal, Sales, Finance
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?