Pomona, CA (USA)
Apply for this Job
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: High School / GED
Post Date: 04/14/18
Ref #: CAIvA4qjGb
Please mention you saw this job on
We are currently seeking a Class A Route Driver which will be responsible for the identification, removal, packaging, transportation, and disposing of various hazardous materials in compliance with proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste handling and management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. Labeling of containers, and completion of pre-printed manifests and workorders. Schedules shipments into or offsite.
• Performs warehouse work related to receipt, shipment, storage, distribution, or delivery of waste materials. Loads, unloads, moves, or stores items according to delivery or routing documents, or supervisor instructions and performing general housekeeping duties.
• Operates a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment.
• Classify, segregate, and inventory waste containers in storage for shipment. Conducts lab pack operations. Pack small laboratory containers of chemical waste into larger containers for shipment.
• Performs various regulatory compliance and safety tasks including, but not limited to: Pre-trip inspections of vehicle, Reporting all losses, spills, accidents, and safety violations, and resolving over packing of leaking containers/containers in non-DOT shippable condition.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent College Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or other related field preferred or the equivalent in related work experience including two or more years of experience, preferably in the waste management industry, demonstrating sound knowledge in working with chemicals/chemical lab packing.
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of Environmental/Regulatory/DOT rules and regulations.
• Maintain high-end relationships with client(s) with positive, professional leadership skills a must.
• Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
• May require forklift driver certification and six or more months of relevant experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage account(s) on a daily basis, as assigned.
• Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience may be required if responsible for transporting waste. Previous route management experience a plus. Required to maintain current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
• May be required to possess CDL HAZMAT Endorsement if responsible for transporting waste. May be obtained post employment during probationary period.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of various computer software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Maintains a current Medical Examiner's Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please mention you saw this job on
Email this job
------- Select One -------
District of Columbia
Prince Edward Island
Jobs by Location
Press and News
Follow us on:
© 2001-2018 JobsInTrucks.com All Rights Reserved
Website : http://www.stericycle.com/
Since our humble beginning in 1989, Stericycle has focused on helping businesses protect people and brands, promote health, and safeguard the environment. Our primary business comprises disposal services for medical and biohazardous waste. We serve hospitals, laboratories, physician practices, dental clinics, long-term care facilities, as well as numerous other businesses, facilities, and healthcare providers that generate sharps or potentially infectious material. Within the United States, we maintain the nation’s largest network of medical waste transport vehicles, collection sites, and treatment facilities. Globally, we operate medical waste services in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Romania, Spain, and Portugal.