Sustainability Specialist - Business Strategy Implementation-1705482
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Sustainability Specialist - Business Strategy Implementation is responsible for driving the integration of Sustainability in the various businesses to strengthen and support sales via sustainability-related customer projects. The role is located in Florham Park, NJ and disciplinarily reports directly to the Manager, Sustainability, Strategy, and Implementation.
Sustainability Specialist - Business Strategy Implementation (1705482) - Florham Park, NJ
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop and implement modularized and targeted Sustainability workshop offers based on customer needs.
- Establish customer SD assessments and support Customer Networks and sales teams to drive customer-specific sustainability projects that contribute to achieving budgeted revenue goals.
- Contribute to development of the team's strategic internal engagement plan with a focus on customer-facing colleagues. Research and gather market and customer intelligence. Support development of optimal delivery mechanisms for knowledge-sharing across the organization.
- Provide close alignment with other Operating Divisions on sustainability projects with customers that are (potential) customers for multiple divisions.
- Deliver regular reporting of progress on identified projects and business cases.
- Cooperate with Global Sustainability team/Manager for training, know-how exchange, and implementation of aligned processes - Hot Spot Analysis, Opportunity Finding, Sales Training.
- Provide support/answer to the businesses on upcoming requests and customer/supplier sustainability questionnaires.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years of experience in any combination of the following disciplines: corporate social responsibility, project management, business and product development, or sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a cross-functional, multi-business unit and matrixed business environment, and external consultants.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record and commitment to sustainability.
- Working knowledge of environmental and social sustainability opportunities/challenges along key industry value chains.
- Experience with sustainability as a part of the customer relationship and/or marketing efforts is a plus.
- Ability to build organizational alignment
- In addition to the required BASF global competencies, highly developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated:
- Strategic Thinking
- Organizational Awareness
- Interpersonal Communication & Understanding
- Project Management
- Customer Focus
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NJ-Florham Park
FUNCTION: MARK - Marketing
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: NC-Marketing & Business Development - NA
Website : http://www.basf.com/
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 111,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. In 2011, BASF posted sales of €73.5 billion and income before special items of approximately €8.4 billion. We combine economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in almost all industries to meet the current and future needs of society.