REC is teamed up with a full-service, environmental and engineering firm that offers services nationwide. We are looking to identify an experienced Staff Environmental Scientist (Air Monitoring Specialist/Asbestos/CABI) for their Arvada, CO office.
The Staff Environmental Scientist (Air Monitoring Specialist/Asbestos/CABI) will primarily be responsible for assisting in the preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, conduct asbestos and lead inspections, prepare project designs, provide environmental oversight during construction, and potentially collect soil and groundwater samples.
Essential Job Functions
* Complete asbestos air monitoring, personal,area and clearance sampling, excavation oversight, and health & safety related activities.
* Manage staff, complete data entry, prepare reports and other submittals to local and state agencies.
* Assistin the preparation of scope and costs for project proposals and ensures work is conducted within the assigned constraints (budget and schedule) at the project level.
* Stay up to date with current federal, state, and local government regulations.
* Prepare and review written procedures for removal of asbestos containing materials lead and possibly mold in a safe manner.
* Attend Project Coordinating, Pre-bid, Pre-Construction and Progress meetings for construction and renovation projects.
* Provideinput regarding asbestos, leadand mold related issues.
* Some travel out of town may be required.
* Degree in Geoscience, Geology, Environmental Sciences, or related field a plus.
* AMS, CABI, Project Designer, and Building Inspectorcertificate for the state of Colorado.
* Minimum oftwoyears of applicable work experience.
* Environmental experience.
* Field experience.
* Phase I environmental site assessment experience.
* Extensive knowledge of asbestos contaminated soil, excavation oversight, indoor air monitoring.
* Proficient project management skills, technical writing skills, people skills, and time management skills.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
* Willingness and ability to travel when needed.
* Must be able to wear and use PPE (personal protective equipment) and respirator.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience working in MS Access, ACTS, andProntoFormsare desired but not necessary.
* Have a valid drivers license; motor vehiclerecordfree of major infractions,and a commitment to safe operations.
* Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs., walk around construction sites, climb slopes and beams, climb ladders, cross uneven terrain, and sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?