Durham, NC, United States
Environmental, Food Services
Sep 16, 2021
Dec 30, 2021
Innovation. Challenge. Reward.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity available for a Waste Management Manager in the Collegeville, PA area. This high visibility, high impact position will manage the hazardous waste operations at a large pharmaceutical company.
This position requires an individual with broad experience in managing a large, multi-site Hazardous Waste Management program. The primary duties include oversight of the hazardous, biological, radioactive, recycling and solid waste programs at three R&D sites, as well as maintaining compliance with wastewater and storm-water permits. Experience with managing large budgets is a must, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and having a strong understanding of RCRA, PA, and MD regulations.
· Waste subject matter expert for account
· Management of waste contractor operations
· Waste metrics collection/reporting
· Coordinate with Client and service providers on waste management activities and programs
· Budget oversight and management
Specific activities include:
· Management monitoring of Waste contractors
· Inspections of waste storage areas, manifests, inspection records
· Monitor KPI\u2019s, ensure wastewater/storm-water compliance and project management
· Provides guidance on proper segregation, collection, and disposal of waste
· Ensure all billing is accurate and paid in a timely fashion
· Ensures regulatory compliance and site conformance to procedures and policies
· Represent Sodexo in client meetings as waste subject matter expert
· Oversee safe operations of waste contractors at site
· Ensure waste contracts are up to date and reflective of business
· Facilitate contractor activities for project waste
· Prepare local, state, and federally required reports regarding hazardous waste activities
· Investigate, develop and implement waste minimization initiatives
· Implement sustainability programs
· Conduct lab gembas
· Coordinate waste management program for Engineering and Small projects
· Support site management during regulatory, Environmental Health and Safety, GxP, and third-party inspections/audits
· Perform Environmental Health and Safety reviews of Sodexo Waste contractors
· Incident and near miss investigations
· Review safety requirements for new operations or activities
· Perform audits of third-party disposal facilities
· Assist in or perform Risk Assessments for contract operations
· Write and review work instructions and risk assessments for hazardous waste activities
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
must have 3-5 years previous hazardous waste management experience;
are leaders who develop and motivate a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a waste management program;
are an expert in building and maintaining strong customer / client relationships;
possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to waste management, leading committees and change management;
have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon time-lines;
are proficient with computers and other technology;
have experience with vendor and contract management, as well as contract negotiations; and/or
have strong financial acumen and budget management experience
This client requires a COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Learn more about Sodexo\u2019s Benefits Not the job for you?At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/ Management positions in locations across the United States. Continue your search for jobs.Working for Sodexo:Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Oversee all collection, consolidation, and shipping of waste materials
Key Duties- Invoice review of all waste programs under multiple contractors- Maintain waste data for EHS Central for 4 GSK facilities (UP, UM, Navy Yard, Warren/Parsippany)- Develop WI for waste contractor- Member of the sustainability team for UM and UP- Conduct safety GEMBAs for Sodexo and waste contractor- Conduct safety and process hazard training for Sodexo staff- Help GSK EHS with waste data reporting
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor\u2019s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years in waste and environmental operations management or a related field.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Website : http://sodexousa.com