Golder Associates Inc.
Posted Date 8 hours ago(2/12/2018 1:36 PM)
JOB ID: 2018-13571
AREA OF INTEREST: EN - Contaminant Investigation and Remediation
JOB TYPE: Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
EDUCATION (MINIMUM): Bachelor Degree
EXPERIENCE (YEARS): 2
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WENVIRONMENT
The Bismarck, North Dakota office of Golder Associates Inc. is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a Staff Biologist position within the Environmental Planning and Permitting practice with a focus on the oil and gas sector.
Responsibilities may include:
* Serve as Biologist/Task Manager working as a team with Golder personnel on North Dakota projects and various locations around the United States;
* Collect, manage, and analyze environmental data and information;
* Conduct wetland and ecological field work;
* Coordinate environmental permitting efforts with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies;
* Prepare technical reports to facilitate environmental permits and NEPA;
* Conduct Environmental Inspection work during construction;
* Provide technical and logistical support to Golder and Client field personnel;
* Support proposal preparation;
* Serve as North Dakota biological technical lead working with Golder staff around the country;
* Travel nationally as dictated by project demands;
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science or Biology;
* 2-5 years' relevant experience in wetlands and ecology, preferably in a consulting capacity;
* Direct project experience conducting wetland delineation and ecological field surveys in North Dakota;
* USACE introductory Wetland Delineation Training;
* Local knowledge of Great Plains flora and fauna;
* Direct project experience with NEPA, Clean Water Act (Section 401, 402, 404) permitting, and USFWS Section 7 consultation.
* Direct project experience preparing technical reports for wetlands and ecological field data;
* Direct project experience utilizing GPS for mapping identified resources.
* Direct project experience working on linear oil and gas projects in North Dakota.
* Understanding of proposal preparation and project management tasks (scope, schedule, budget and forecasting);
* Acute attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies;
* Have a good aptitude for using and understanding computer applications; and
* Have excellent communication skills, to communicate constructively with contractors, owners, and Golder personnel.
* GIS experience highly desirable;
* Business development and client service management skills are highly desirable;
No relocation is offered for this position.
Golder Associates Statement
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Golder Associates Inc.
Website : http://www.golder.com/
Golder is focused squarely on the future. We believe the coming years will be a time when our 8,000 people will make a vital contribution to the world's economy, environment and communities. Still, our origins five decades ago and evolution since then have made us the company we are today. The Golder culture is built around technical excellence, commitment to our clients, employee ownership and the ability to provide our people with challenging careers.